Post #22. A place where serenity and tranquility governs.
HOTEL PICK: The Peacock Garden in Baclayon, Bohol
I first stayed at this marvelous place last June 2011. I purchased a deal through Deal Grocer, an online group buying site. For only Php 10,995, the said deal has the following inclusions:
- 3 days/2 nights’ accommodation for two at their Premier Infinity and Sea View Room.
- Php 2,000 worth of resort credits that can be applied to dining, spa services and/or activities.
- Roundtrip transfers from/to Tagbilaran Airport.
- Daily buffet breakfast.
Such deal is quite a steal as this room as to date costs around Php 12,000/night (inclusive of VAT and Service Charge). It’s advisable to constantly check Deal Grocer for great offerings of this resort.
So let me show you what The Peacock Garden has to offer. Here are the pictures we took during our stay there.
What I like:
- Serene Surroundings. In this place, one can achieve the relaxation they’ve always dreamed of. No noisy chattering. Resort personnel are discreet. Lush greeneries overlooking the sea with the breeze blowing off a cool wisp of air.
- Privacy. Even if there are other guests in the resort, for some reason or another, we only come across them during breakfast and dinner at the Old Heidelberg Restaurant.
- Resort personnel are courteous and efficient. Every single time we meet up with a staff of the resort, they never failed to greet us with a smile. Also, service is really commendable!
- Lovely infinity pool overlooking the sea. During our stay there, I never saw anybody besides us taking a dip at the said pool. The pool starts at 5 feet deep.
- Food served at the Old Heidelberg Restaurant. I just love their menu offerings! We actually had all our meals here except for one lunch during our entire stay. I love their complimentary bread, which is served every meal.
- Buggy Adventure. We got the chance to drive around the Baclayon area using the resort’s buggy car. This is where we spent our free Php 2,000 credits.
What I don’t like:
- It’s really far away from the city center/other tourist attractions/the main road. The resort is up a hill so if you are planning to stroll around Bohol, staying here might not be the best option especially if you are on a budget. But if you have the money to spend on a one-way car hire that will cost you Php 500 one-way, then it’s ok. Since this was already my second visit in Bohol at that time, this issue was bearable as I fell in love with their Old Heidelberg Restaurant.
- No Wifi inside the rooms. This might be a problem for some. But we were there at the resort to relax and forget the things we left behind in Manila even just for 3 days. So I considered the same as a negligible omission.
- Toiletries could have been better. Honestly, I don’t like the toiletries they provided us. Hope they have already changed it today.
Overall, we had a lovely time at this resort in Bohol. We would definitely go back once our schedule permits. A definite must-stay place when in Bohol!
Till the next post! 😘