Post# 32. Not the usual Tagaytay ridge accommodation preference.
HOTEL PICK: Hotel Kimberly – Tagaytay City, Philippines
Because the last out-of-town trip I had was way back in April, my mind and body cries for a quick getaway, even for just a weekend.
Luckily, I chanced upon a good deal in the Deal Grocer website for Hotel Kimberly in Tagaytay. Before purchasing the said deal, I searched the web for blogs/reviews of the said hotel. And when I was convinced that this may be a worth it deal, I clicked the “BUY NOW” button.
So in one of the weekends last September, Jonnie and I decided to give Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay a visit.
Let me show you what Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay has to offer. Here are the pictures we took during our stay there.
- Serene Surroundings. Since this is not along the busy Tagaytay Highway, I got the relaxation I longed for. Note that this hotel does not have the Taal Lake view. If you want said view, opt for a hotel along the Tagaytay Highway.
- Privacy Valued. The hotel’s staff members are discreet. No unwanted intrusions or offerings from them. However, they are always willing to lend a hand if asked.
- Family Bonding. Most guests at the hotel were groups of families who wants to feel the cool Tagaytay breeze even just for the weekend. Couples and groups of friends need not be discouraged to try this hotel. Although be warned of kids running all over the hotel.
- Ample Parking. Hotel Kimberly has ample parking slots for their guests.
- Handful of Activities. They have a small game room, a small gym, two pools, a playground, an animal petting and feeding farm, and a lettuce farm where you can buy or harvest your greens.
- Comfortable Rooms. I love the coziness our room emits. The bed is just the right size. However, I think the location of the window-type air-conditioner in the room is misplaced as it is located at bottom of the wall and it is beside the connecting door to the room next door.
- Hazy reception. One issue we encountered during our stay here is that the TV reception can go off anytime of the day. We were in the middle of watching the movie Diary of a Wimpy Kid when abruptly the cable went off. Good thing they have a DVD player on hand.
- Limited Selection. Their breakfast buffet is ok. But if you have the option to not include breakfast in your accommodation, I suggest you do so. You can grab your breakfast at Bag of Beans, Breakfast at Antonio’s or Sonya’s Garden and be very happy about it.
Overall, I really loved our stay at this hotel and I would love to stay here again if time permits.
Till the next post!