Post# 33. Location Location Location.
HOTEL PICK: Microtel by Wyndham – Baguio City, Philippines
To celebrate our 3rd year Anniversary together, Jonnie and I decided to head out for Baguio instead of Cebu last December. He was definitely excited with the long drive. I was excited with the weather as I still have a hang-over from the Hong Kong trip me and my family had during the early weeks of December.
Since my last trip to Baguio was over 16 years ago and we always rent out houses during our stays there, I searched for an accommodation that is easy to locate and navigate to/fro. And then, Microtel came to the picture.
I booked our accommodation as early as the first week of October. There were only two available Queen Suites for our travel dates left at the time of my booking. Lucky us!
Note that should you want to stay at this hotel during December, I would advise you to book as early as October. You only need to pay 10% of the total amount to book a room. But mind you that said amount is deducted from the total amount but is non-refundable should you cancel later on.
Here’s a glimpse of Microtel by Wyndham Baguio during our stay.
- Great Location. The hotel is just a 5-minute walk from SM Baguio. Restaurants are also abundant around the area. Tourist spots are 10-15 minutes by cab. Public transportation is always readily available. In fact during our entire stay, we only used taxis to move around the city. Not only are they cheap but it saved us from going around in circles trying to locate the tourist spots.
- Effective and courteous staff. They’ll greet you every time you come across them. Assist you immediately with your concerns. Accommodate your request to the extent possible. No way rude to impatient guests.
- Nice Room. I can honestly stay and sleep all day in their room. The bed is really comfortable. The extra-space is good to have although if you can leave without a refrigerator, you can opt not to avail the suite rooms and save a bit on your accommodation expense.
- Sufficient Amenities. They have unlimited coffee/tea and ice maker in the Lobby. Each level has their own water dispenser. Basic toiletries are provided.
- Limited Parking. I think their parking area is not sufficient to accommodate a 1:1 room to parking slot allocation, not to mention the same parking area caters to diners of their Te Quiero restaurant as well as those incoming vacationers who is still about to check in. The plus side of this predicament is that their security guard is really helpful with such concern.
- Limited Selection. The breakfast buffet is already included in the room price (and there is no option to not avail it). It was ok. Nothing special.
Overall, I would consider staying here again. But of course, I need to visit other Baguio hotels as well.
Till the next post!