Post #37. Voucher-worthy only.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU: Highlands Steakhouse at SM Mall of Asia
The famous Highlands Steakhouse of Tagaytay Highlands has branched out in the Metro, particularly at the SM Mall of Asia. I was really curious about how their food fare with other steakhouse restaurants ever since I saw it opened. Luckily, METRODEAL offered a voucher promotion last June 2013 that is “Php 1000 worth of food and drinks for just Php 500.” I gladly purchased two vouchers. And 2 days before the expiry date of 1-OCT-2013, Jonnie and I decided to have our Sunday lunch at the restaurant.
- I was really looking forward to eating the creamy mushroom soup with the puff pastry. Unfortunately, I did not like the way it was cooked. Too bland for my taste. I prefer eating Shakey’s Cream of Mushroom than ordering this again (that’s how much I was disappointed that I prefer eating canned mushrooms over fresh ones).
- The Pasta Arrabbiata and Highlands burger are just ok. Nothing to get you excited about.
- The Petit Fillet Mignon is really big considering that it should be the mini version of the regular Fillet Mignon. Not a fan but the meat is really tender. A decent-enough steak in my opinion.
- Love the Mango Cheesecake. The perfect ending to cap off a heavy meal.
- At the time we dined there, the air conditioning is not functioning to its fullest. A bit humid inside the restaurant.
- Customer service is thumbs up. The food attendants are attentive and courteous to their customers.
- The restaurant’s interiors are just lovely. I like the fact that the restaurants makes you feel you’re dining inside a log cabin. Too bad the sun was at its brightest. I believe it’s much better to dine there during the evenings.
Overall, the food is just ok. Nothing on the menu makes me want to go back and dine there again. For me, it’s a one-time deal only.
But should you opt to try out this restaurant, please refer to Zomato’s Menu here.
Till the next post!