Post# 38. My hotel choice along the Tagaytay Ridge.
HOTEL PICK: Taal Vista Hotel – Tagaytay City, Philippines
I’ve been wanting to go back to Taal Vista Hotel for the longest time as when we stayed there last February 2011, we weren’t able to check out and enjoy the whole property.
Really thankful that we were able to avail a sweet promotion of the hotel when we booked last July. We got the Deluxe Ridge Room for only Php 5,450 nett instead of the usual rate of Php 7,500 nett (Best Available Rate).
The rate that we paid for has the following inclusions:
- Buffet breakfast for 2 persons
- Php 500 F&B credit at Cafè Veranda or Tâza Fresh Table
- Free Wi-Fi Access (up to 3 devices)
- Welcome Drinks
- Free use of gym & swimming pool
- Complimentary Parking ticket
Here are the photographs we captured during our stay (01-August to 02-August 2015):
- Superb Location. McDonald’s and Casino Filipino just right across the hotel. Tagaytay Sky Ranch is just a 5-10 minute walk. Same goes with Mushroom Burger. Bag of Beans restaurant is just a 6-minute drive. You also have a great view of the Taal Lake while you dine al fresco at the Cafe Veranda or just when you happen to take a walk along the view deck near the Mid Garden.
- Lovely Room. I love the size of our room! Although you can see the normal wear and tear of the pieces of furniture and fixture, all seems to still be doing its specific purpose. However, during our stay, it seems that the room beside us (Room 122) was having an issue with their bathroom. People from the maintenance team fixed it right away. Hope the rooms will be more well-maintained in the future. By the way, the electricity in our room are not powered by the key card. It is independent of the said key card! No need to ask for two key cards just to keep the air-conditioning and refrigerator running.
- De-stress it. The room we booked was located in the quieter part of the hotel. It’s near the Gym/Recreation Center as well as the Asmara Spa. If you want to be near the pool area, I suggest you book a room in the Mountain Wing, If waking up with a view of the Taal Lake is your thing, I suggest you book a room in the Lake Wing.But whatever location it might be, this hotel is good venue to run away from the hustle and bustle of the metro.
- Average Buffet Breakfast. No “wow” factor for me when it comes to the taste of their breakfast offerings, but nevertheless, their spread is quite good and varied. They have bacon, need I say more?
Looking forward to my next stay here. I’ll try TĀZA’s breakfast next time.🙂
Till the next post!